WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
Before traveling extensively, I was stuck in the monotony of life.
Worked a decent paying 8-5 job I never enjoyed, visited family, went to church, volunteered, hung out with good people, and the cycle continued. Sounds like a great life, right?
Anticipated for more but felt uninspired, unmotivated, and unfulfilled. There were many things I should or could have been doing but wasn’t.
Travel, in some ways, has helped me better understand myself. It has changed certain life perspectives and most importantly, taken me out of my comfort zone.
Because travel gives me joy, it must be part of my lifestyle. As of now, I’ve traveled to over 25 U.S. States and 6 continents.
A little bit about me…..I was born in a small town in Florida called Hollywood. Currently based in Houston, Texas.
Outside of Texas, I’ve lived in Pennsylvania, New York, California, and Colorado for as little as 3 months. I’ve also lived in a country called Nigeria where my parents are from.
What is this blog about?
- Do you travel alone or would like to start?
- Do you travel to explore the local or indigenous foods?
- Is your travel style a mix of adventure and learning about the culture?
- Do you enjoy spending time in nature?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you have come to the right place.
As an adventurist, you can rely on me to try almost anything. I’ve done:
- snow skiing, sand sledding, and sandboarding in Colorado
- paragliding in Guatemala
- volcano hiking in Italy and Guatemala
- snorkeling in Mexico, Mauritius, US Virgin Islands, and Belize
- whitewater rafting in New York
- surfing in Hawaii
- swimming with dolphins in the ocean while in Mauritius
- ATV biking on sand dunes in UAE
- canyoning and abseiling in Australia
- a self-drive safari alone in South Africa & eSwatini
- kayaking in Costa Rica
- ziplining in Costa Rica & Thailand
- camping and skydiving in Texas
- bungee jumping in Zimbabwe
- hiking alone multiple times within the US and abroad
How am I able to afford travel?
Because I can. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and it pays for my trips, bills, and I’m able to save (frugal by nature). Sometimes I use my credit cards points that convert to airline miles.
So I’m not rich, don’t have a trust fund, or a sugar daddy/blessor/zaddy.
Random Fun Facts
- Two of my favorite stores to shop at are Nordstrom Rack and J Crew.
- One of my favorite comfort food is garri with milk and sugar.
- My primary love language is quality time followed by acts of service.
- Since I was a kid, I’ve always hated anything that has mint and still do to this day.
- If I had to eat one type of food for the rest of my life, it would be mangoes and plantains.
Why do I travel?
To create new adventures.
Try unusual or unknown foods.
To learn a new language.
Discover different cultures.
Discover more about myself.
To step out of my comfort zone.
To dispel the myth on why the USA is NOT the greatest country on earth.
And most importantly, connect with locals and fellow travelers.
My first trip abroad was at the age of 2. So it only makes sense that I have always had the innate desire to travel to a new place.
When I initially began traveling as an adult, it was about visiting the popular landmarks, top sights, and taking photos. But that got tedious. These days, what I truly cherish the most about traveling is connecting with people. Knowing their story, both locals and fellow travelers. Those are my fondest memories over the fun and adventurous activities I seek for.
Thank you to all the Airbnb hosts who allowed me into their homes abroad.
Thank you to all the kind locals who showed me around their city and made sure I had a good time.
If you are new to travel, I will say this: since tomorrow is not guaranteed, why not live your best life now? One of my biggest regrets was waiting for someone to travel with. I waited too long, so now I travel alone 98% of the time. It is still one of my best decisions ever!
I hope that through this blog, I can inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, travel, and live well.
AND SEEK OUT SOME ADVENTURE!
How To Connect With Me
- Reviews vs Bucket List – Johannesburg, NigeriansTravelToo
- Big Bend 5-day Itinerary, Visit Big Bend
- The Best Country In Africa: Swaziland, Global Help Swap
- 28 Awesome Cooking Classes Around The World To Take During Your Travels, Life of Doing
- The Ultimate USA Bucket List, Passport Voyager
- Best Hikes in the World, Travel Eat Enjoy Repeat