WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
My name is Ann (obviously). I was born in a small town in Florida called Hollywood.
Currently based in Houston, Texas. Outside of Texas, I’ve lived in the states of Pennsylvania, New York, California, and Colorado for as little as 3 months. And I’ve lived in a country called Nigeria where my parents are from.
This blog is written and edited by me. Photos are taken with a Samsung Galaxy phone, Canon Powershot G15, or Canon EOS 6D, unless stated otherwise.
What is this blog about?
- Do you travel alone or would like to start?
- Do you travel to explore the local or indigenous foods?
- Is your travel style a mix of adventure and learning about the culture?
- Do you enjoy spending time in nature?
If you answered YES to any of those questions, then you have come to the right place. If not, hopefully you can still find something useful on my site.
As an adventurist, you can rely on me to try almost anything. I’ve tried:
- snow skiing, sand sledding, and sandboarding in Colorado
- paragliding in Guatemala
- volcano hiking in Italy and Guatemala
- snorkeling in Mexico, Mauritius, and Belize
- whitewater rafting in New York
- surfing in Hawaii
- ATV biking on sand dunes in UAE
- canyoning and abseiling in Australia
- a self-drive safari alone in South Africa & eSwatini
- kayaking and ziplining in Costa Rica
- camping and skydiving in Texas
- hiking alone multiple times within the US and abroad
How am I able to afford travel?
Because I can. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and don’t give a damn for that degree but it pays for my trips, bills, and I’m able to save. Been working with my degree for 10 years.
So no, I don’t have a sugar daddy, blessor, sponsor, or zaddy.
Why do I travel?
To create new adventures.
Try unusual or unknown foods.
To learn a new language.
Discover different cultures.
Discover more about myself.
To step out of my comfort zone.
To dispel the myth on why the USA is NOT the greatest country on earth.
And most importantly, connect with locals and fellow travelers.
My first trip abroad was at the age of 2. So it only makes sense that I have always had the innate desire to travel to a new place.
When I initially began traveling as an adult, it was about visiting the popular landmarks, top sights, and taking photos. But that got tedious. These days, what I truly cherish the most about traveling is connecting with people. The locals and fellow travelers. Those are my fondest memories over the fun and adventurous activities I seek for.
Thank you to all the Airbnb hosts who allowed me into their homes abroad.
Thank you to all the kind locals who showed me around their city and made sure I had a good time.
If you are new to travel, I will say this: since tomorrow is not guaranteed, why not live your best life now? One of my biggest regrets was waiting for someone to travel with. I waited too long, so now I travel alone 98% of the time. It is still one of my best decisions ever!
I hope that through this blog, I can inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, travel, and live well.
And seek out some adventure!
How To Connect With Me
- Reviews vs Bucket List – Johannesburg by NigeriansTravelToo
- Big Bend Ranch Road Trip Itinerary by StampedTribe
- Big Bend 5-day Itinerary by Visit Big Bend
- The Best Country In Africa: Swaziland by Global Help Swap
- 28 Awesome Cooking Classes Around The World To Take During Your Travels by Life of Doing
- The Ultimate USA Bucket List by Passport Voyager
- Best Hikes in the World by Travel Eat Enjoy Repeat