My name is Ann. I was born in a small town in Florida called Hollywood. Currently based in Houston, Texas. Outside of Texas, I’ve lived in Pennsylvania, New York, California, and Colorado for as little as 3 months.
It wasn’t until 2015 when I took my first solo trip abroad that my affinity for travel expanded. That trip was to Singapore. As of today, I’ve traveled to 25 U.S. States and 6 continents.
This blog is written and edited by me. All photos are taken with a Samsung Galaxy phone or Canon Powershot G15, unless stated otherwise.
What is this blog about?
- Do you travel alone or would like to start?
- Do you travel to explore the local or indigenous foods?
- Is your travel style a mix of adventure and learning about the culture?
- Do you enjoy spending time in nature?
If you answered YES to any of those questions, then you have come to the right place. If not, hopefully you can still find something useful on my site.
As an adventurist, you can rely on me to try almost anything. I’ve tried:
- snow skiing, sandsledding, and sandboarding in Colorado
- paragliding in Guatemala
- volcano hiking in Italy and Guatemala
- snorkeling in Mexico and Belize
- whitewater rafting in New York
- surfing in Hawaii
- ATV biking on sand dunes in UAE
- canyoning and abseiling in Australia
- a self-drive safari alone in South Africa & eSwatini
- kayaking and ziplining in Costa Rica
- camping and skydiving in Texas
- hiking alone (and with people) multiple times within the US and abroad
Why do I travel?
To create new adventures.
Try unusual or unknown foods.
To learn a new language.
Discover different cultures.
Discover more about myself.
To step out of my comfort zone.
To dispel the myth on why the USA is NOT the greatest country on earth.
And most importantly, meet locals and fellow travelers.
When I initially began traveling as an adult, it was about visiting the popular landmarks, top sights, and taking photos. But that got tedious. These days, what I truly cherish the most about traveling is connecting with people. The locals and fellow travelers. Those are my fondest memories over the fun and adventurous activities I seek for.
Thank you to all the Airbnb hosts who allowed me into their homes abroad.
Thank you to all the kind locals who showed me around their city and made sure I had a good time.
If you are new to travel, I will say this: since tomorrow is not guaranteed, why not live your best life now? One of my biggest regrets was waiting for someone to travel with. I waited too long, so now I travel alone 98% of the time. It is still one of my BEST decisions ever!
I hope that through this blog, I can inspire you to think outside of the box, travel, and live well.
Be curious. Get outside. Unplug. And seek out some adventure!
Reviews vs Bucket List – Johannesburg, NigeriansTravelToo
Big Bend Ranch Road Trip Itinerary, StampedTribe
Big Bend 5-day Itinerary, Visit Big Bend
The Best Country In Africa: Swaziland, Global Help Swap
28 Awesome Cooking Classes Around The World To Take During Your Travels, Life of Doing
The Ultimate USA Bucket List, Passport Voyager
Best Hikes in the World, Travel Eat Enjoy Repeat