*For seasoning, I used sea salt, cumin, cayenne, chipotle chili powder and ginseng spice 41 south mix.
**Feel free to substitute the vegetables with whatever you desire. I typically use whatever produce is available locally (seasonal basis).
– All ingredients are locally sourced, except the plantain and spices. Used the following Texas-based vendors: Nawara farm, Cellar Farms, Sullivan Happy heart farm, Animal Farm, Rose’s Seafood, Texas Olive Oil.
– The fish used is a red snapper fillet. Pan-fried in olive oil.
- Add some vermouth to the vegetables if the leafy greens have a mild to severe bitterness.
- You can add a little bit of honey to give the vegetables a bit of sweetness.
- Not familiar with how to peel a plantain? Click here and watch till 1:08.
- To increase the cooking time of the vegetables, cover pan with a lid. This will generate steam to ensure the vegetables are well cooked.